Swimming Pool Equipment Starters Kit
Summer is here, which means it is time to consider how you will keep cool during the heat of the season. If you are like many homeowners, you will likely purchase a swimming pool. Owning a swimming pool requires a lot of attention and care in order to keep it safe and clean for swimmers. This is true rather you own an in ground pool or an above ground pool, large or small. Maintenance is an important key to having a swimming pool and this article is going to explain to you exactly what every new pool owner must know about maintaining a pool cleaning routine.
When you purchase a swimming pool, the dealer will likely tell you what you need to get started. There are several things you absolutely must have when you own a swimming pool, these things will help you keep your pool safe and clean for your swimmers, which of course is top priority. Here is a handy list of some essential equipment you need to maintain a regular cleaning routine:
• Filtration System – ensure that you have a filtration system with your swimming pool that is large enough to handle the capacity of your pool. This system will aid in removing bacteria and small partials from the water.
• Vacuum – By purchasing and using a vacuum specific for swimming pools you will be able to clear the pool of many different items that do not belong in there. This is especially useful for debris that has settled on the bottom of the pool.
• Strainer or Skimmer Basket – This can be in conjunction with the filtration system and vacuum. The basket will catch large debris and particles such as leaves or bugs that enter the water of your swimming pool.
• Pool Cover – This handy cover protects your swimming pool in a variety of ways, as well as your loved ones and neighbors. A swimming pool cover works to keep debris out of your pool. A solar pool cover will help in heating the pool water with the suns heat. Additionally, a pool cover will prevent any unwanted visitors (of the animal or human sort) from entering your pool and protect them from any dangers. Lastly, a pool cover works to protect your swimming pool from climatic differences such as the winter months.
• Maintenance Chart – This will allow you to keep track of the maintenance you perform on your pool and the levels of chemicals you put in each time, as well as the chemical readings from test performed.
Chemicals play a large part in balancing your pool water to obtain and maintain a healthy and safe environment for all swimmers. Some things that need to be balanced include the pH level and water hardness. Here is a list of all chemical equipment you will need to keep up with regular maintenance of your swimming pool:
Chlorine – This is available in Tablet (for larger pools) and granules (for smaller pools) and is used to kill bacteria and other harmful things that can occur within a swimming pool.
pH Minus – This is used when the pH levels have gotten to high within the swimming pool.
pH plus – To add pH to your pool as needed.
TA plus and Minus – To add or remove acids found needed to keep pool healthy.
Hardness Plus – To increase the amount of Calcium Choloride.
Algaecides – To prevent growth of harmful bacteria
Clarifier – This comes in concentrate, granular, and tablet forms.
Shock – To maintain the clarity of your pool and prevent cloudy water.
Testing Kits – These come in Strip or bottle form and are essential to understanding the levels of the different chemicals that are contained within the swimming pool water. These are essential to the proper cleaning routine of any swimming pool and the water must be tested regularly.